Video service adds massive batch of updates
Vimeo was ahead of its time in 2007 when it launched and had a modern design with colors thousands of websites copied. Their features and design stayed fresh throughout the years, and today, the company has finally announced the launch of the next version of Vimeo which is just as ahead of its time as their original site was, creating a new site from scratch.
They had three goals with the new version – put a greater focus on users’ videos by minimizing distractions and revitalizing the overall user experience, make Vimeo faster, easier, and fun, and lastly, the new version offers features that have been requested over time, from big to small.
Changes to Vimeo
The company notes the following changes, “that will make the new Vimeo hands down the best Vimeo of all time”:
- Brand New Video Page: Bigger videos, better tools, and new keyboard shortcuts.
- Better Browsing: More ways to discover things you like.
- Your “Inbox” Is Now Your “Feed”: A whole new vibe for your homepage.
- Following: An easier way to keep up with what you care about.
- Better Uploading: Upload multiple files and more.
- More Privacy Control: Better control over who sees what.
- Advanced Search: Get specific and find what you’re looking for.
- Browse Videos With Creative Commons Licenses: Discover videos available under various CC licenses.
- Recently Viewed + Related Videos: Handy lists of what you’ve seen and what you need to see.
“We still offer the highest quality video on the planet,” the company says in their announcement. “We’re still not putting ads before, after, or on top of your videos. We’re still home to a respectful, supportive community of creators. And we still love video — and the people behind it — with all our <3<3<3.”