All about the attention
Many people believe that Lady Gaga is all about the attention. She arrived at the Grammy awards last year in an egg, and she also wore a dress made of meat to the VMAs in 2010. Clearly, that’s all about attention, and drawing attention to her cause—whatever it might be.
When working on a tough short sale, you often want to draw attention to your cause (getting your short sale approved quickly and efficiently). Sometimes that’s hard, because you cannot dress up your short sale in a meat dress.
Public attention can be good, but you don’t want to your behavior to work against you and the processing of your short sale transaction.
Here are four tips for effective short sale escalation:
- Make sure that the short sale package submitted to the bank is complete (including all bank-required addenda).
- Be nice. You attract bees with honey, not vinegar.
- Establish relationships. Remember that a short sale is a mutually beneficial transaction. If you are known as a closer, this will go a long way towards lots of short sale closings.
- When all else fails, use Twitter (it’s your meat dress). Twitter is an extremely effective way to draw attention to your cause in real time.
- Wells Fargo @ask_wellsfargo
- Bank of America @bofa_help
- Citibank @askciti
If you follow these tips and respect the corporate processes employed by the mortgage servicers for managing the short sales, you will go a long way to making sure that you files get the attention that they deserve.