Some people allow events, people and circumstances to impact them permanently negative! These people are victims. You recognize a VICTIM like so:
- Victims mope, whine, opine and wish things were like they used to be….way back when.
- Victims bleat, it’s never their fault, there is no forgiveness or acceptance.
- Negativity poisons their passion?
- Setbacks cripple compassion and chinks their soul.
- Hopelessness brittles their heart and turns their futures fruitless.
- Misery loves company. Victims throw impromptu pity parties to infect friends with their victim-virus.
- Victims are mean and small and petty.
At times, life’s hard, unfair and brutal. How we handle accidental adversity and unexpected impact is up to us. Victimhood is a choice, so is Vitaminhood.
Are We Vitamins?
Some people allow events, people and circumstances to impact them permanently positive! These people are Vitamins. You recognize a VITAMIN like so:
- Vitamins get that change is life and life is a wild, sometimes quiet and often scary adventure. They change, reinvent, improve and adapt.
- Vitamins take responsibility, they support and forgive and they try to forget. Sometimes they succeed at all four.
- Negative and positive experiences power their passions.
- Setbacks and triumphs deepen their understanding, juices their compassion and levels their humility.
- Vitamins learn, grow and share from their experiences, turning futures fruitful.
- Vitamins throw impromptu parties to celebrate, recognize, congratulate and compliment. They infuse their friends with hope, confidence, camaradery and self responsibility.
Yeah, I know. Humans are imperfect and living life as a Vitamin is a challenge. When life kicks you in the balls, it’s natural and normal to cry, scream, go fetal, mourn, anger and depress…and that’s the point…it’s normal. To shine, lead and succeed, we can’t wallow long or hang with victims. We gotta take our lumps, learn and be THE VITAMIN.
Cheers and thanks for reading.
Seems I’m stuck in attitudes/hardships/triumphs mode these days. On the left hand, you might think, what does this have to do with real estate? On the right, I believe that this Victim or Vitamin perspective is what the real estate business is truly about. To me, it’s not about selling houses or real estate. Our business is about people. It’s about help, service, support, leadership, knowledge, performance, delivery, communication, creativity and more. Prospecting, listing, selling and closing is process and outcome, but not the profession. If we’re victims we can’t do any good. At best we’re powerless and worst, we infect and damage others.
I think my recent fixation is a response to my personal feelings caused by the prolonged fatigue of our crushed economy, real estate seasonality and the weight and witness of angels broken. I am certain a shiny sunrise is peeking over our horizon. We’ve come so far and we’re so close, now is the time to lock arms and help each other run to the sun. Will you join me? Will you be a Vitamin.
Viva La Vitamin revolution, send this to your friends.
Worry is praying for what you don’t want. ~Deepak Chopra