10 Signs Your Job May Be Over
Ok, I’ve been involved in Real Estate just long enough, that I can typically tell you within a six month period is this is the career for you. Below are the 10 sure signs that your “job” as a REALTOR, maybe over:
1. You feel the need to ask your Association if you can pay your $450 dues in a monthly installments….beginning after your rent payment is made.
2. You feel no need to take the time to learn about how technology effects real estate, that’s just a fad for those “young people.”
3. While on Saturday floor duty, you answer the phone; saying “Thank you for calling Domino’s, will this be pickup or delivery”
4. You refer to what you do as your “real estate job” and not your “career”
5. You’re upset that the local Real Estate school doesn’t hold continuing education classes on weekends or evenings, and they insist on only catering to “full time agents”
6. You try to convince your clients that homes show best from 5:30pm (after you get off of work) till 9:00pm (when you need to be home to put your kids to bed).
7. “Hold on, it’s been awhile since I’ve written one of these contracts – I’ll remember what this means in a minute”
8. You’re signing a Heloc in a declining market… to pay your E and O insurance
9. You can fill me in on all the goings on, for Day-Time television.
10. You’ve decided to be a “Listing Specialist” because the car won’t stay running.
(Bonus: 11 You failed to see the humor in this post)
Add your favorite clue that someone isn’t long for this “job”!