LiveDeal is taking on the big kids on the playground
LiveDeal, now a publicly traded company, has been around for years, and is best known for bringing the yellow pages to the web 20 years ago.
So how are they an underdog? Easy, they’ve taken on Groupon and LivingSocial as they struggle, and put a different spin on specialized marketing solutions to small local businesses that boost customer awareness and merchant visibility online.
We asked them what exactly they’re doing differently that makes them confident that they’ll come out on top, and below is their list of top 10 reasons:
1. Dolla, dolla bills, y’all
1. No pre-payment – Diners deal directly with the restaurant. Consumers never have to pre-pay for deals found on livedeal.com because diners transact with the restaurant directly. No more worrying about expiring vouchers or pre-payments.
2. Forget waiting around for others to buy in
2. Deals are instant – from ‘bulk’ buying to ‘instant’ buying. LiveDeal is dynamic with deals going online in real-time, which means hungry diners can take advantage of these deals immediately. It’s not uncommon for other Daily Deal websites to take up to three months at times to feature a restaurant’s promotion on their site.
3. For Inbox Zero fanatics…
3. No inbox overload. Unlike Daily Deal companies like Groupon and LivingSocial, LiveDeal doesn’t flood the Inboxes of users with random deals.
4. Why restaurants love them
4. It’s 100% free – no commission fee! Restaurants don’t get squeezed out of their profits because restaurants are not charged a ‘middleman’ fee. Since no fees are paid to livedeal.com, restaurants can pass along the savings to consumers.
5. Simplifying the process for business owners
5. Reduced deal administration. Restaurant owners and managers are some of the busiest people in business, which is why LiveDeal designed the service to be as simple as possible to operate and manage.
6. Restaurants are actually in control
6. Restaurants have full control of the deal flow. Unlike Groupon and LivingSocial, LiveDeal’s Daily Deal platform gives restaurants full control and flexibility to instantly publish customized offers whenever they wish to attract customers. Whether it’s Tuesdays from 12-6pm or Thursday and Fridays from 3-9pm, livedeal.com now puts the restaurants in complete control over when they want to run special offers and entice customers.
7. Never screwing a business owner
7. No minimum discount. Restaurants have full control of the amount of discount they can offer diners and experiment to find out what works best to drive traffic though LiveDeal.
8. Avoiding the horror stories
8. Traffic control. Restaurants control the number of redeemable vouchers available to users on any specific run period. Perfect to attract the right number of customers based on the restaurants’ number of reservations, available staff, etc. This eliminates the periodically reported ‘horror stories’ about other daily deal companies that flood the merchant with deeply discounted coupons.
9. Businesses can post within minutes
9. Instant deal publishing. Restaurants gain access to an incredibly powerful online deal dashboard where they can create and publish a deal to nearby consumers within two minutes.
10. Restaurants only – that’s the ticket
10. Solely focused on restaurants. LiveDeal is entirely focused on the $660 Billion dollar US restaurant business with ultimate plans to expand worldwide.